Iscis target not found in iscis client + add security CHAP in isci with linstor-gateway

Hello,
I have one problem and one question.

Problem:
I followed the instructions in a tutorial: Create a Highly Available iSCSI Target Using a LINSTOR Gateway Cluster - LINBIT.
I have 3 servers running Ubuntu Server 24.04:

• alfa: 192.168.0.50
  • beta: 192.168.0.51
  • charlie: 192.168.0.52

And my iSCSI target is iqn.2024-09.com.linbit:mytargetcrio

, with the IP: 192.168.0.222/24.
Server alfa is the controller node.

However, on the Windows iSCSI client or the Debian iSCSI client, I cannot find the iSCSI target at IP address 192.168.0.222.

How can I solve this problem?

After solving this problem, how can I add CHAP authentication to the LINBIT gateway?

With 24.04, I’d make sure the correct resource agents packages are installed (now two packages compared to 22.04), resource-agents-base and resource-agents-extra.

What does linstor-gateway check-health --iscsi-backends lio report on the nodes?

I used the command on Ubuntu 24.04:

apt -y install resource-agents-extra targetcli-fb
Do I need to use apt -y install resource-agents targetcli-fb instead?

For the question: What does linstor-gateway check-health --iscsi-backends lio report on the nodes?

I have the same situation with my setup, built following the same instructions as you. Any linstor commands shows the expected results of things being alive, but clients are not able to see them.

To use CHAP, I used the following command, but I can’t be certain it worked as no clients see the space through iscsi!

linstor-gateway iscsi create ${YOUR_IQN} ${YOUR_IP}/${YOUR_CIDR} ${YOUR_SIZE} --username=${CHAP_USER} --password=${CHAP_PASS}

Hello,
could this be a firewall issue? Which UDP/TCP ports should I enable to maybe resolve the problem?"
i use ufw for firewall on Ubuntu