Im Configuring the DRBD cloneset with ubuntu 2404

Please use code blocks to enclose commands, command output, configuration files, log messages, or other CLI content.
[root@pcmk-1 ~]# pcs -f drbd_cfg resource create WebData ocf:linbit:drbd
drbd_resource=wwwdata op monitor interval=60s
This command works well with ubuntu 2404
[root@pcmk-1 ~]# pcs -f drbd_cfg resource master WebDataClone WebData
master-max=1 master-node-max=1 clone-max=2 clone-node-max=1
notify=true
This command does not work with ubuntu 2404, there’s no error seems some attributes are not available with ubuntu
I want to DRBD clone for postgres DB replication

Perhaps try:

pcs -f drbd_cfg resource promotable WebDataClone WebData
promoted-max=1 promoted-node-max=1 clone-max=2 clone-node-max=1
notify=true

Which is new syntax.

1 Like

Thanks for your inputs,
I can see the command are getting executed and resources getting create, but I see the naming the pcs status are not showing master/slave, can you please suggest!
Also please find the change it command
pcs -f drbd_cfg resource promotable WebDataClone WebData
notify=true
instead worked is
pcs -f drbd_cfg resource promotable WebData
notify=true
the clone named resource will be create automatically

Glad you got the command working. If I understand your question, what is shown is expected. New command syntax and output will no longer use or show master/slave. Instead, the new syntax is promoted/unpromoted.

That’s great information, I’m really thankful for your help!!
can you share any reference link/doc for this way of working with latest drbd version as well as for Ubuntu 2404
Also if you can suggest me that whether the DRBD can be a trusted solution for postgres DB replication which has high transactions.

DRBD is a fully synchronous replication solution. That is, we do not consider a write completed locally until it has been sent to the peer, written to the disk there, sent an acknowledgment back to the Primary, and committed to disk on the Primary locally.

DRBD is not new, has been trusted in production for about two decades now, and I personally know of several users who use it to back hundreds of Postgres DB instances.

1 Like

Hello Devin,

Thank you for the Message!!

can you share any reference link/doc for this way of working with latest drbd version as well as for Ubuntu 2404

Any fine tuning parameters/setting, we can add/modify improve the postgres replication on DRBD and avoid the bottleneck issues

The DRBD User Guide attempts to be the authoritative reference for using DRBD (latest version).

You might also find some helpful references in the LINBIT blog, such as this post related to configuring HA for MySQL databases, and the LINBIT knowledge base, such as these articles that relate to performance.

I am not aware of specific LINBIT documentation for Ubuntu 24.04 and HA databases. It is still a relatively newer release and most LINBIT customers are using RHEL or a RHEL-like distribution. You might get some inspiration though from some of the database related how-to guides on the LINBIT website, such as " MariaDB High Availability Clustering Using LINSTOR, DRBD, and DRBD Reactor" and “MySQL High Availability Clustering Using DRBD and Pacemaker on RHEL 8”.

You can also continue to ask questions within the forum here as you get into setting up and testing. Perhaps there are other users who have already adopted Ubuntu 24.04 for an HA database use case.

Just quickly mentioning DRBD is included in PostgreSQL’s official documentation for high availability solutions. Also, here’s their HA feature comparion matrix. There are quite a few ways to achieve HA for Postgres, DRBD is definitely one of the solutions.

1 Like

Kudos all the mate’s!! Grateful

Im really thankful for all the suggestions, I will still keep this open for more suggestions incase anyone having.